Best Britax Marathon G4 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx




/Britax Marathon






This is My Opinion About This Product




After I buy this New Britax Marathon G4 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx (Baby Product)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program (What's this?)

This is how to choose which Britax car seat will work for you. It can be confusing but small differences matter.

Older seats have the numbers 55 and 70 which indicates maximum weight of the child, CS means Click and Safe snug harness indicator.

G4 is new line, accommodates seats up to 65 lb instead of 70lb.

From the simplest to the most advanced the new G3 models go:

Roundabout and Highway(up to 55 lb), Marathon, Boulevard, Pavilion and Advocate (all up to 65). First two are the base models with lower child weight and I would only consider the Marathon, Boulevard, Pavilion or Advocate.

Marathon has all of the features that the rest of the car seats have except for:

- true side impact protection (Marathon has Side impact protection, this the inside cushion around child's head, models above have extra head protection),

- super thick chest pads that are supposed to minimize forward movement during a crash, Marathon has a different version than the above models have, still ok though,

- Click& Safe indicator, you can hear the click in the other models, when kid is strapped correctly, I can hear several clicks before I can say my son is safely strapped, after every click I can check the pads on his chest to make sure they are not too loose and keep adjusting (also Boulevard misses that option).

The Advocate goes further and has a bulky addition in the head area for more safety, but it was too bulky for my VW. This the only difference between the Advocate and Pavilion.

Overall I rate the this car seat 5 stars. No complaints:

- baby likes it, looks comfortable and the middle position is perfect to sit and watch the world through the window and take a nap without his head hanging down,

- easy to remove the seat cover ( minus only hand wash, no dryer),

- approved for air travel,

- made in the USA ("with global components"),

- they don't feel cheap, I compared different brands in the store and liked Britax the most,

- seat is very secure, there is no movement like I had some with my Chicco Keyfit 30 infant car sear (minimal) but this is a separate base and seat,

- my son was never sweaty after a car ride,

- easy to install but I wouldn't want to switch the car seat between 2 cars, would buy another one,

- I use it for my 3 year old and he is comfortable in it, we use it in a daddy's car, for my car he rides in a booster seat that he LOVES (big boy thing;); my 1 year old would fit perfectly in it too rear facing, I have Pavilion for her).

To simplify the models it goes like this:

Marathon (no click&safe, thinner chest pads, no inside head cushion),

Boulevard (no click&safe, thick chest pads, inside head cushion),

Pavilion and Advocate has click&safe, thicker chest pads, head cushion),

Advocate extra head protection.

There are small differences in a price, all of the car seats are good. I used them for last 2 years and love them. Good construction, fabric and happy kids. For me the best option would be Pavilion but like I said I've used both a Marathon and Boulevard with no complaints. I used to have an older version with click and safe and liked it but now I don't even pay attention that nothing clicks, I still use my fingers to see how much space my kids have around their chests.

Also the Britax website is very helpful in explaining all the features of the car seats.

Older versions (CS, 70, G3) are worth considering if the price is good, it looks like Britax offers new models every year, but on their website it says that car seats are good for 6-9 years from the manufacturing date (depends on the model).

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
workbabies © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top