Best Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat, Gunther






Evenflo Tribute






This is My Opinion About This Product




After I buy this New Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat, Gunther (Baby Product)
Pros:

-lightweight and compact size; even rear-facing it would probably fit almost any car

-inexpensive

-can rear face up to 40 lbs--to my knowledge that's the highest any American RF seat has

-my son seems to like it and it looks reasonably comfy (I have not tried it myself, I think I'm probably over the weight limit)

Cons:

-black fabric will get very hot in summer--but of course, no one made us buy the black one

-I found it a huge pain to install in our Honda Civic; admittedly I had only installed our Chicco infant seat before and that is reportedly the easiest seat to install ever. This one took about 5 times longer to install than the Chicco.

-speaking of installation, the "recline stand" is supposed to position the seat at the correct angle for rear facing and, at least in our car, it doesn't even do the job halfway. We needed a lot more extra padding (rolled towel as suggested in the manual) to get the angle right.

-the manual is in the oddest place ever (to me)--sort of shoved into the back of the headrest on the side. I really thought they didn't send me one, took some serious searching to find it!

Overall I think this seat is nice looking, safe, and very adequate for those seeking a low cost convertible seat. It's nothing fancy, for sure, but it does the job fine and allows for longer rear-facing than some other seats, which is essential--they are now supposed to RF til at least their 2nd birthday!

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
workbabies © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top